ASOF is an international program on the oceanography of the Arctic and Subarctic seas and their role in climate. ASOF organizes yearly workshops with great impact on the international collaboration, development of research programs and cruise planning. ASOF workshops are great spots for Early Career Scientists to connect with senior scientists in the field.
The ASOF workshop 2023 will be hosted at the Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria 10-12 May 2023. Main topics of the ASOF workshop for 2023 will be to
- discuss recent progress in research on the Arctic/Subarctic Oceans
- discuss and plan Arctic/Subarctic syntheses of marine fluxes, and their dynamics
- coordinate and plan future studies of the coupled dynamics of the Arctic and Subarctic oceans, including the physical system and its connection with the marine biogeochemical system and the ecosystem
- contribute to the engagement phase of the Fourth International Conference on Arctic Research Planning (ICARP IV) process
- coordinate the connection of the three Arctic DBOs (the well-established Pacific DBO, the establishment of a Davis Strait/Baffin Bay DBO and the Atlantic-Arctic DBO in development as part of the Arctic PASSION project).
Date and Location:
10 – 12 May 2023 | Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
IASC Working Group funding the Project:
- Marine WG
M. Dolores Perez-Hernandez (Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain)
Year funded by IASC