For the complete list of Arctic meetings plus go to the Arctic Calendar of Events.
IASC Cross-Cutting Workshop on “Cutting barriers in snow knowledge”
This event has been transitioned into an online meeting. Information on the workshop program, goals, and contacts is available here.
IASC-NAG Workshop on Arctic Glaciology & Proglacial Marine Ecosystems
The meeting will take place at the popular University Center Obergurgl, in Obergurgl, Austria, 22 - 24 January, 2018.
The purpose of the meeting is:
• to present and discuss new results on observations and modeling of the dynamics and mass budget of Arctic glaciers, including the Greenland ice sheet,
• to provide a forum for glaciologists and marine biologists to present and discuss their work and to stimulate future collaborations,
• to plan and coordinate field work with the aim of using available infrastructure and logistics in the most efficient way.
The meeting is open to anyone interest in Arctic Glaciology. In particular, we encourage submissions that comply with one of two special themes:
- Understanding atmosphere-glacier-ocean interactions and their implications for the pan-Arctic glacier mass budget
- The importance of Arctic glaciers for the Arctic marine ecosystem
Further information is available here. The registration deadline is November 10, 2017.
ASSW 2018: Davos (Switzerland)
The ASSW 2018 will be held in conjunction with “POLAR 2018” in Davos (Switzerland) on 15-27 June 2018. POLAR 2018 is a joint Open Science Conference of IASC and the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) and will also include the IASC and SCAR Business Meetings.
The scientific program is now available here: http://www.polar2018.org/session-program---categories.html
ASSW 2019: Arkhangelsk (Russia)
ASSW 2020: Akureyri (Iceland)