Welcome to the first edition of “Polar News”, a joint publication between the International Arctic Science Committee (IASC) and the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR). Polar News replaces both IASC Progress and the SCAR Newsletter for this Quarter and will likely be an annual publication that focuses on bipolar science.
This 2011 issue includes articles on:
- Polar Science in a Global Context: SCAR, IASC and the International Council for Science (ICSU);
- Ice Sheet Mass Balance and Sea Level (ISMASS);
- The role of the European Union in Arctic Research;
- Polar Activities of the World Meteorological Organization;
- Upcoming workshops and meeting, and
- much more...
We hope you will enjoy this very first edition of “Polar News“.
Mike Sparrow, Executive Director SCAR and Volker Rachold, Executive Secretary IASC