In 2021, the ASSW will take place in Lisbon from 20 to 26 March 2021 under the theme: “The Arctic: Regional changes, Global impacts”, with the three last days reserved for the OPEN SCIENCE CONFERENCE (OSC). The event will bring together scientists, Indigenous Peoples, Arctic community members, and Arctic science stakeholders from all over the world to present and discuss the most recent advances on Arctic knowledge across disciplines, from the natural sciences to the humanities. The OSC will also be an opportunity to foster research synergies between both Polar Regions, with sessions that target both Poles welcomed.
The OSC will have Plenary lectures and a large number of parallel science sessions, accepting both oral and e-poster presentations.
We invite the Arctic community to chair and present session proposals of relevant topics in all science fields, both specific and cross-cutting, framed in the overall conference theme: “The Arctic: Regional Change, Global Impacts”. IASC aims to bridge disciplinary and national gaps in Arctic science. We therefore hope that session conveners will embrace this international and interdisciplinary approach in their proposed sessions. The OSC organizers hope to see a diverse set of sessions submitted by diverse groups of conveners.
The call for sessions is open until 30 April 2020.
Session application guidelines:
- Each session should be chaired by one or two researchers and should also involve one early-career researcher*; traditional and Indigenous Knowledge holders are also specifically welcomed as session conveners and chairs.
- Session proposals will be reviewed by the International Scientific Committee (ISC) in May 2020 and the decisions subsequently communicated to chairs.
- A call for abstracts will open shortly thereafter and remain open until 30 October 2020.
- Abstracts will be evaluated by the session conveners with decisions to be communicated by the chairs to the ISC by 30 November 2020.
- The final program and communication on abstract acceptance and scheduling will be done in December 2020.
*APECS (Info [AT] apecs [DOT] is) can provide help in finding suitable ECRs to support session chairing.