The IASC community is cordially invited to take part in the international conference within the project ‘Development of the UK-Russia Arctic Research and collaboration Network”, funded by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the UK Embassy in Russia. The project is thematically focused on changing Arctic from the perspective of the Russia`s State Program on the Arctic Zone Development and the Adapting to Change UK policy towards the Arctic.
- Place: Arkhangelsk, Russia
- Date: March, 1 – 3, 2018
- Venue: Northern (Arctic) Federal University
The final project event will include panel discussion on multidisciplinary research and education in the North and five sessions on following topics:
- Coastal and marine biology, arctic ecosystems biodiversity
- Climate change, environmental and social impact assessment, mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Rural health and wellbeing in the North, new health care technologies
- History, archaeology and cultural geography of Arctic and Subarctic coastal regions
- Anthropology in the North: traditional population and indigenous peoples in urban and rural areas
The conference programme also includes visits to local museums and evening cultural events.