The YOPP Summit was a high-level event and is a key element in the planning for the Year of Polar Prediction (YOPP). The purpose of the Summit was
- to give an overview about the present level of planning,
- to identify stakeholder expectations and requirements,
- to develop priorities,
- to define intensive observing periods,
- to agree on the YOPP data legacy,
- to coordinate planned activities, and
- to gather formal committments from parties interested in YOPP.
The results of the Summit will be used to finalize Version 2.0 of the YOPP Implementation Plan. The YOPP Summit was attended by 120 scientists, stakeholders as well as representatives from weather and climate prediction centres, international bodies and funding agencies.
Read more under http://www.polarprediction.net/yopp/yopp-summit.html