The IASC Atmosphere Working Group (AWG) is now opening a second call for proposals for their remaining funding in 2023 aimed at encouraging and supporting science-led international programmes by offering opportunities for planning and coordination, and by facilitating communication and access to facilities.
Proposals should be submitted via this submission form. The deadline for proposal submission is 6 September 2023.
The AWG supports activities that are relevant to their scientific priorities and their work plan. More information can be found here.
Proposals may include, but are not limited to, projects that contribute to the engagement phase during 2023 of the Fourth International Conference on Arctic Research Planning (ICARP IV) process. IASC is coordinating the ICARP IV process (2023 - 2025) by engaging its partners in Arctic research to enable a community-wide undertaking to discuss the state of Arctic science and the place the Arctic occupies in global affairs and systems, to consider the most urgent knowledge gaps and research priorities for the next decade, and to explore avenues to address these research needs. More information on ICARP IV is available on the ICARP IV website.
- Does the activity have scientific merit? Does it address and fit within the research priorities identified within the IASC Strategic Plan and the AWG Work Plan?
- Is more than one discipline relevant for the AWG meaningfully involved in the proposed activity?
- Does the activity promote interdisciplinary involvement not only in the implementation but also the planning of the activity?
- How does the planned activity address Indigenous engagement and collaboration?
- Does the planned activity have an achievable strategy to minimise its carbon footprint?
- Does the activity intend to promote the involvement of early career scientists not only in the implementation but also the planning of the activity?
- Does the activity have support or endorsement from organisations other than IASC?
- While proposals will be accepted from non-WG members, all proposals must be discussed with the AWG leadership/membership before submission. Applicants are responsible for contacting the AWG as early as possible in the development phase of the proposal.
- All funded activities must follow IASC requirements for IASC-funded projects
- Project activities can start the earliest in October 2023 and must be completed by 31 March 2024. All funds allocated by IASC in 2023 must be spent before or at ASSW 2024 (21 - 29 March 2024, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK).
- IASC funds projects that offer opportunities for planning and coordination, and by facilitating communication and access to facilities.
- IASC does NOT fund individual research projects / fieldwork