The International Arctic Science Committee (IASC) is pleased to announce the availability of travel and registration fee support for the Arctic Science Summit Week (ASSW) 2023 (17 - 24 February 2023, Vienna, Austria).
Partial funding to cover the travel costs and registration fee for attending the ASSW 2023 either in-person or online is available for:
- Early career researchers up to 5 years past their final degree (e.g. PhD) with an Arctic research focus (an allowance will be made for career breaks such as parental leave)
- Arctic Indigenous Scholars and Knowledge Holders
who are either:
- (co-)conveners of a session in the ASSW 2023 Science Symposium
- presenters in a session of the ASSW 2023 Science Symposium (with accepted abstracts for either oral or poster presentation as presenting authors)
- have an active role as presenters / speakers / panellists / (co-)organisers / committee members of a meeting / workshop in the Business and Community Meeting part of the ASSW 2023
- local or online volunteers for the ASSW 2023 (if approved by the local organisers into this role)
The application deadline is 7 December 2022 at 13:00 GMT and recipients will be informed afterwards. We will continue to accept late applications afterwards as long as funding is still available.
APPLY FOR TRAVEL AND REGISTRATION FEE SUPPORT
These travel awards may only be able to cover part of your travel costs and the costs will be reimbursed after the meeting based on receipts that you provide.