UiT The Arctic University of Norway (UiT), in cooperation with the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) announces a vacant full-time position for Executive Director for the International Directorate Office of APECS, that will be based at UiT. The International Directorate Office of APECS will be funded and hosted by UiT, in partnership with the Norwegian Polar Institute (NPI) and the FRAM – High North Research Centre for Climate and the Environment (FRAM).
This opportunity is a temporary position for five years. The place of work is UiT in Tromsø, Norway.
UiT The Arctic University of Norway
UiT is a multi-campus, comprehensive university that contributes to knowledge-based development regionally, nationally, and internationally. It is Norway's leading university in Arctic sciences - at the intersection of the High North's opportunities and borderless sciences. Located in a region with rich natural resources, Arctic proximity, multicultural communities, scattered settlement, and strong export industries; in a world where research and education are increasingly internationalized. We will utilize our central location in the High North, our professional breadth and quality and our interdisciplinary advantages to meet the challenges of the future.
The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) is an international and interdisciplinary organization for undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, early career faculty members, educators, and others with interest in Polar and Alpine Regions and the wider cryosphere. APECS aims to:
- create a network of polar researchers across disciplines and national boundaries to meet, share ideas and experiences, and develop new research directions and collaborations
- provide the opportunity for career development for both traditional and alternative polar and cryosphere professions
- promote education and outreach as an integral component of polar research and to stimulate emerging polar researchers.
For more information visit: www.apecs.is
Responsibilities and duties
- Leading and overseeing the APECS International Directorate Office
- Guiding, overseeing, and enhancing APECS’s activities and developing new initiatives
- Maintaining regular contact with (and reporting to) the Executive Committee, the APECS Council, Project Groups, National Committees, Advisory Committee, and overall membership
- Providing mentorship, management training and support for APECS committees, Project Groups, projects, events and activities
- Facilitating the planning and organization of APECS events and activities
- Fundraising for the APECS International Directorate Office and other APECS activities
- Leading and managing APECS involvement in externally funded projects
- Ensuring the structure of the organization is maintained and runs effectively
- Liaising with APECS partners and sponsors, including major science funding bodies and polar organizations and institutions
- Providing day-to-day administrative support to the organization and members
More information on how to apply here.