Live sessions run 15:00–20:00 CEST Monday to Thursday and 15:00–18:00 CEST on Friday. All pre-recorded presentations are available for on-demand viewing between 23 August–30 September via the conference app.
Early Career Scientists Day
David Miller, ICES, your host for the day is ready to welcome you to this virtual Early Career Scientist event!
14:05 What is ICES?
An introduction to those new to ICES.
How do I get involved? Why should I get involved?
Jörn Schmidt, Chair of ICES Science Committee & Mark Dickey-Collas, Chair of ICES Advisory Committee
14:35 Introducing the new ICES Strategic Initiative for the Integration of Early-Career Scientists (SIIECS)
Amanda Schadeberg & Fedor Lishchenko, Co-chairs of SIIECS
15:05 Join ICES/PICES Early Career Scientist Conference
What to expect in St.Johns, newfoundland in May 2022
Rasa Morkūnė and Szymon Smoliński, members of the Scientific Steering Committee
15:20 Let's meet!
ICES ASC 2021 may be virtual but we can still have a networking session to meet new colleagues!
This event is for all registered early career scientists. If you are not registered for the ASC as an early career scientist and would like to take part, please mail your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15:50 Tips on how to navigate the rapidly changing landscape of scientific publishing
Increase your understanding of the scientific publishing environment.
Howard Browman, Editor-in-Chief of ICES Journal of Marine Science.
16:45 Mentor Hour
Join this Round Table event where you have the opportunity to speak with the following senior scientists within ICES:
- Debbi Pedreschi, Marine institute, Ireland andIntegrated Ecosystem Assessments Steering Group Chair
- Jens Rasmussen, Marine Scotland and Data Science and Technology Steering Group Chair
- Joël Vigneau, Ifremer, France and Ecosystem Observation Steering Group Chair
- Mike Rust, NOAA, USA and Aquaculture Steering Group Chair
- Sarah Bailey, Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Human Activities, Pressures and Impacts Steering Group chair
- Steven Degraer, RBINS, Belgium and Ecosystem Processes and Dynamics Steering Group chair
- Els Torreele, Flanders Research Institute for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (ILVO), Belgium and ICES Advisory Committee member
- Jörn Schmidt, ICES Science Committee Chair
Pre-registration required for this round table event.
Pre-register by mailing your interest to email@example.com.