The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) is looking for new team members in the International Directorate Office based at the UiT University Library. We are looking for 1-2 people that can work part-time on an hourly basis. The working hours are flexible, so this job can fit alongside other commitments. It is a great step for those on a polar career path!
Due to employment regulations at UiT, applicants need to live in and have working rights in Norway. Additionally, the new team member(s) should be able to work from the UiT Tromsø campus; we are not considering fully-remote working arrangements at this time.
The main tasks:
- Maintaining our website, including posting news items, creating and editing webpages, and updating the job board
- Helping manage the general APECS email and responding to member inquiries
- Contributing to the administration of member activities, for example through the management of email groups, files, and Zoom bookings
- Participating in various online meetings with other APECS staff and leadership
- Contributing ideas for partnerships, initiatives, and events
We are looking for people who have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- A passion for and/or academic focus on the polar regions
- Strong English language skills, Norwegian is a plus
- Skills and interest in public communication (e.g. email campaigns, social media, website content)
- Familiarity with Google products including Gmail and Google Drive, which are used heavily in our organization
- A collaborative mindset and team-player attitude
- The ability to work 10-20 hours per week, with flexible distribution of these hours and the possibility to work both physically at UiT (office space at KS library, campus Tromsø) as well as remotely
- The ability to join occasional online meetings in the evenings (as APECS leadership and activities are spread across many time zones)
- A passionate and friendly team
- Flexible working hours and flexible workplace
- Varied tasks and the opportunity develop your working tasks based on interest
- Valuable experience in science administration and project management
- An international network of early career individuals
- Connections to a wide variety of polar organizations and institutions
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV (each 1 page maximum, A4 size) to:
sarah.strand [at] apecs.is on or before 16 December.
Your cover letter should include your interest in the position, what you can bring to our team (including but not limited to your relevant experience), and how you see this position fitting into your current and future plans. We are interested to hear how many hours per week you would like to/are able to work and how long you are interested in working with us (e.g. one semester, indefinitely, etc.).