The Center of Remote Sensing & GIS at Korea Polar Research Institute (KOPRI) in South Korea is looking for applicants for a postdoctoral researcher broadly interested in satellite remote sensing, airborne or unmanned aerial remote sensing, ocean remote sensing, sea ice/glacier/ice shelf/ice sheet remote sensing, etc.
- Observe the cryosphere using various remote sensing platforms such as optical satellite, SAR, passive microwave, laser/radar altimeter with python, GEE, and/or machine learning.
- Process and analyze the spatio-temporal variations in the Cryosphere
- Pursue science questions of your interest by collaborating with the team members and/or other divisions. This is very flexible depending on interests of the candidate.
- This position can be funded up to three (3) years with health insurance covered as a benefit.
- Starting date is flexible.
- Salary is set based on the KOPRI payment standards; severance pay available (if employed for one year or longer).
- Dormitory is available.
- PhD (or prospective PhD within three months) in one of the following fields: remote sensing, computer science, earth science, engineering, GIS, or related fields.
- Publication of at least one (1) SCIE journal as the first author within the past three (3) years.
- Preferred with machine learning, Google Earth Engine, Sentinel series, open source coding ability, Earth, ocean, or environmental science-related background, and programming skills.
- Expertise needed to process data from satellite or UAV.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the required documents attachments below:
- Application Form
- Fair Employment Confirmation Form
- Job (Research) Plan
- Cover Letter
- Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
- A digital copy of one doctorate thesis (attach via email)
- A digital copy of published (approved) paper on SCIE journal