The application and selection process for the IASC Fellowships 2024 is coordinated by the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) in cooperation with IASC.
Applicants should fulfill the following criteria:
- PhD student/candidate or postdoctoral researcher (up to 5 years past terminal degree)
- Able to commit to participating in the activities of one of an IASC WG for at least one year from January 2024 until March 2025. And voluntarily for up to two more years until March 2027 without dedicated travel funding.
- Able to attend the two upcoming ASSWs: 21 - 29 March 2024 in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK and 21 - 28 March 2025 in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- Located at an institution in an IASC member country
- Have a good command of English
This application is currently closed. The next round of application will be announced in the Fall 2024
Important note: The IASC-ROADS Fellowship has a separate application process and form. If you are interested in this opportunity please follow the separate instructions.
If you have problems accessing or submitting the form, please contact the APECS Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Word version of the form.
Late applications will not be considered. Successful applicants will be notified by the end of the year.
The selection of candidates is coordinated by the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) and will only be based on the material you provide in the application form – so please be as specific as possible. All applications will be reviewed in a blind review process with each application being reviewed by 2 independent reviewers. Applications will be reviewed according to multiple criteria including your research background and the quality of your statement of interest of why you would like to become an IASC Fellow. After this initial review process, top ranked candidates will be forwarded to the IASC Secretariat as well as the IASC Working Group Steering Groups, who will make the final decision on their Fellows.