The main IASC Secretariat is supported by Rannís and is based in Akureyri, Iceland – but IASC also depends on the support of a dispersed Secretariat. In particular, the Working Groups, Fellowship Programme, and ISIRA are supported by members of the dispersed Secretariat.
Starting in 2017, a few of the Working Groups and activities are getting new or renewed support:
- Marine WG: Supported by the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat through ASSW 2019
- Social & Human WG: Supportd by the Stefansson Arctic Institue (MoU pending)
- Terrestrial WG: Supported by the N. Laverov Federal Center for Integrated Arctic Research
- Cryosphere WG: Supported by the Japanese National Institute of Polar Research (NIPR) through October 2017
- Fellowship Program: Supported by the Polish Centre for Polar Research and the Polish Polar Consortium through December 2018
- ISIRA: Supported by the N. Laverov Federal Center for Integrated Arctic Research
- Atmosphere WG: In discussions for a new sponsor
You can “meet” the current Secretariat here: http://iasc.info/iasc/organization/secretariat
IASC would like to sincerely thank the Korean Polar Research Institute (KOPRI) for their support of the Atmosphere, Terrestrial, and Marine Working Groups, as well as Polar Knowledge Canada for their support of the Social & Human Working Group.
If other IASC member countries or institutions are interested in supporting the IASC Secretariat in the future, please get in touch.