IASC, in cooperation with the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS), invites early career researchers to apply for its unique Fellowship Program. The 2015/2016 fellows will be actively involved in the IASC Working Groups (WGs). The IASC Fellowship Program is offered annually. Each year one Fellow will be chosen for each of the five IASC WGs for a 12-month period. The IASC WGs are:
Fellows will actively participate in the activities of the WG both scientifically and organizationally. They will have the opportunity to gain valuable insights into the workings of IASC and further develop their own skills and scientific network. Each WG has an annual meeting at the Arctic Science Summit Week (ASSW) and each Fellow will receive funding to attend two of these meetings: one as an incoming Fellow and one as an outgoing Fellow.
For this round of applications, interested early career researchers have to fulfill the following criteria, you should be:
- a PhD student /candidate or postdoctoral researcher (up to 5 years past the PhD)
- able to commit to participating in the activities of one of the IASC WGs for 12 months from April 2015 to April 2016.
- able to attend the two upcoming ASSW meetings: ASSW 2015 in Toyama (Japan) from 23-30 April 2015, as well as the ASSW 2016 in Fairbanks (Alaska, USA) from 12-20 March 2016 (funding will be provided as part of the Fellowship Program)
-located in an IASC member country (Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark / Greenland, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA)
- have a good command of English
How to apply:
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity then please send us:
1. a full CV
2. a statement of interest including:
a. your research background
b. why you are interested in becoming an IASC Fellow
c. which IASC WG you would like to join
d. why you are interested in that particular WG
Applicants are also encouraged to submit an abstract to the Arctic Science Summit Week (ASSW) 2015. Abstract submission deadline is on 10 November 2014. The review of the applicants will be coordinated by APECS in close cooperation with the IASC Secretariat and the IASC WG Steering Groups. Successful applicants will be notified in January at the latest.