The International Arctic Science Committee and the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS), have the pleasure to announce the start of the fourth edition of the IASC Fellowship Program. During the selection process, managed by IASC in close cooperation with APECS, five successful early career scientists were chosen from 101 applicants. The reviewers were impressed by the record amount and excellent quality of the applications.
The IASC Fellows 2017-2018 are:
- Thomas Armitage, Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling, University College London, UK / NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA (Marine Working Group)
- Alevtina Evgrafova, University of Bern, Switzerland (Terrestrial Working Group)
- Manisha Ganeshan, Universities Space Research Association, USA (Atmosphere Working Group)
- Violetta Gassiy, Kuban State University, Russian Federation (Social and Human Working Group)
- Shridhar Jawak, National Centre For Antarctic & Ocean Research, Earth System Science Organization (ESSO), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India, India (Cryosphere Working Group)
More information about the IASC Fellowship Program can be found here